Welding operations are managed and performed in accordance with the standard DIN EN ISO 3834-2.
We weld steel grades S355/S420/S690, we can weld high austenitic steel, we perform stainless steel overlay by welding robots (AISI 309, AISI 316).
We can weld steel structures up to 40 tons.
ELFE is certified as “approved manufacturer” by Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Bureau Veritas (BV), Germanischer Lloyd (GL) and RINA, we can also weld according to requirements of Lloyds Register of Shipping (LRS), American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and other certification societies associated in IACS organization. We commonly weld according to NORSOK standard M-101.
Supervision of welding is secured by two IWE (professionals with qualification as international welding engineer).
Qualifications of staff performing welding: EN 287-1, EN 1418
- melting electrode in active gas – MAG
- cored (tube) electrode in active gas – MCW / FCAW
- subassemblies up to the weight of 5000 kg, MAG (MCW/FCAW)
- longitudinal welds – MAG (MCW/FCAW) up to max. width 2 m, height 2 m, length 12 m
The quality of the welds is controlled by non-destructive methods (NDT):
- non-destructive methods – ultrasonic (UT), magnetic particle (MT), penetrant (PT) and visual (VT) control
- check is performed by own NDT operators qualified according to EN ISO 9712
- Level 2 (VT, MT, PT, UT)